28 Jul Meet the Community – Cory Kroll
- Who are you? (First and Last Name)
- Cory Kroll
- What Organization do you represent? (As it relates to why you’d be getting highlighted in an Esports Newsletter)
- Why do you personally believe esports is important, both to our region and in general?
eSports to me represents a major opportunity to teach young adults about competition, community, and work ethic. How to professionally handle losing, gaining personal pride in self-improvement, and respecting and learning from competition are important life skills that directly translate to the culture of our community.
Additionally, the software/game development, graphic design, and broadcasting pieces around eSports offer great long-term career opportunities that I’m excited to see grow locally and be a part of!
- What games did you grow up playing and what are you playing the most now?
- I’ve been hooked ever since playing the Atari 2600 with my dad (if you have a love for Megamania or Warlords let me know!). Growing up I played plenty of games, but Mega Man and Wing Commander really stand out. I found a love for local competition in Mario Kart, Goldeneye, Super Smash Brothers, and Halo. I still play Super Smash Brothers Ultimate in locals – I have to continue to prove I haven’t lost my touch! Other than that, I really love Kickstarting, testing, and playing retro style games, and playing Wacky Karts – a game I made for XBox Indie Games with my brother back on the Xbox 360.
- If you could only play one game for the rest of your life, what would it be?
- If I was with friends, definitely Smash Brothers Ultimate. Or maybe Mario Maker, Mega Maker, or Minecraft due to the ability to continue to make content. Or Halo Infinite with a completed Forge? Is this a real question? 🙂
- Where can people find you? (Socials/Twitch/etc)
- Website: https://www.krollware.com/
- Twitch – https://www.twitch.tv/krollware
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/KrollWare/
- Twitter – @krollware
- Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
- YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0XNBTnJqH5fjvLv2DfUfrw
If you would like to learn more on how to get involved, please email email@example.com.